- Line from the movie "The Contender":
Principles only mean something when you stick to them when its inconvenient.
- I got a letter today marked "Personal and Confidential"... with a bulk rate postage mark.
- Now that all the movie DVD's come with voice-over interviews of the director and actors and
such, would you do a voice over for "My Dinner with Andre"?.
- In this weeks "TV Week" the cover story is on CBS's new crime show
"Numb3rs", featuring Rob Morrow as an FBI agent with a math whiz
brother. While discussing the math character, played by actor David
Krumholtz, the feature article says:
Some of the chalkboard close-ups use Krumholtz's stunt double, a math student.
- Line from the movie "Forbidden Planet":
The number 10 raised almost literally to the power of infinity!
- I have followed the news of the events of 9/11 fairly closely. I've read the 9/11 commission
report, I've read most of the NYT articles, and I've seen numerous documentaries on the events
of that day. One of the things which continues to amaze me is the actions of the passengers of
flight 93. This was the last of the hijacked airliners, and the one which crashed in rural
Pennsylvania after a passenger revolt. No one on the ground lost their lives.
I think America owes a great debt to these people. It's very possible that this jet could have
hit the US Capitol with countless losses of life, and a potentially catastrophic governmental
disruption. The courage of those passengers awes me. After watching NGC's
documentary tonight I was reminded of one thing. After learning of their probable fate from cell
and air phone calls to loved ones the passengers knew what they had to do. But before they did
it they took a vote!
That action so perfectly distinguishes us from our enemies.
- Autumn used to be my favorite time of year. I
loved the crunch of the leaves as you walked through
them. I loved the crisp approach of winter in the
air. Now it's nothing but high pitched deafening
noise and the nauseating smell of gasoline fumes
from leaf blowers. How did we manage to lose the
technology of the rake!?
- Saw this on someone's sig:
I don't believe in astrology, but I'm a Taurus, and we're naturally skeptical.
- Origin unknown:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.